Here at Sherlock Recruitment we are looking for an Experienced Civils Foreman on behalf of our client, one of Irelands largest building contractors, based in Co. Tipperary.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on at least 2 different project types.
You will also have experience in leading and working on multiple projects and sectors with technical and logistical delivery challenges and experience of managing construction from a quality, programme, risk, and HSE /HAS perspective
Competitive rates depending on experience
Monday - Thursday: 08:00-18:00
Role and Responsibilities
▪ Responsible for the planning of weekly and daily activities with the Site Agent and Contracts Manager.
▪ Attends and chairs (when necessary) daily co-ordination/white board meetings.
▪ Understands the sub-contractors RAMS & ITPs to ensure quality standards are achieved.
▪ Monitors safety, quality, and progress in line with current environmental and construction standards.
▪ Monitors that the works are being carried out in accordance with the designer’s drawings, sketches and to the relevant specification.
▪ Inspects sub-contractors work and signs it off when it is to an acceptable standard
▪ Completes a daily diary recording the daily progress, numbers of operatives, any safety issues / near misses, weather, identifying shortfalls with labour, plant & materials and any issues that have affected the day’s progress.
▪ Have a clear understanding of the SOPs related to the project.
▪ Responsible for managing several trades and operatives.
▪ Checks that toolbox talks are being carried out by the sub-contractors.
▪ Assist with co-ordination of the site logistics.
▪ Advises gate man and security of deliveries.
▪ Assists with the checking of information provided by the design team & sub-contractors and assists with the raising of RFI’s.
▪ Assists with the co-ordination and distribution of materials to the various work fronts – agreeing laydown areas – making sub-contactor’s aware of hazards e.g. shallow drains, overhead cables etc.
▪ Technically responsible for a section of the works.
▪ Capable of stopping works that are not being carried out safely or to the correct standard.
▪ Raises any site concerns to the site and commercial managers.
▪ Manages waste removal and monitors that the waste materials are put into the appropriate waste skips.
▪ Ensures that the site hoarding is maintained and that the access and egress is kept clean with particular attention paid to plant /operative segregation.
▪ Assists with the preparation of progress reports.
▪ Assists the site management with the weekly safety inspections and collects weekly inspection sheets from the sub-contractors.
▪ Has experience leading and working on multiple projects and sectors with technical and logistical delivery challenges.
▪ Has experience of managing construction from a quality, programme, risk, and HSE /HAS perspective
▪ Has a good understanding of the project logistics and programme to completion
▪ Has a good working knowledge of the project specification
▪ Understands the components of the Company Conformance procedure
▪ Strong Relationship Management skills.
▪ Have a clear understanding of industrial relations implications.
Required Qualifications and Training.
▪ Supervisors Safety Course.
▪ First Aid at work certificate.
▪ IOSH or equivalent H&S management training.
▪ Temporary Works & Excavation Safety.
▪ Permitting requirements for live energy works (Must be in conjunction with Site & Safety Management).
▪ Working at Heights & Scaffolding.
▪ Lifting & Cranage operations.
▪ Other HSEQS training as per site HSE plan.
Desirable Qualifications and Training.
▪ NVQ in Site Management or equivalent trade background.
▪ Will hold a relevant degree or equivalent experience gained in a trade background from a related role.
For more information or to apply please send up to date CV via apply button below